Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Quick Recap of Some of Last Year's Best

Me: (After reading a book called The Stubborn Pumpkin) “What do you think they will do with the stubborn pumpkin when they pick it?”
Kid.: “They will make an apple pie!”

Kid 1: “Hey there is Sophia over there.”
Kid 2: “I know”
Kid 1: “Hey! Tell Sophia that you are student of the month! Then she will like you”

Kid: (After finding his button came off his pants) “My pants are broke, I need some tape.”

Me: “The pilgrims came on boats that had no engines, they had to use sails.”
Kid.: “They came on seals?!?”

Me: “Who discovered popcorn?”
Kid: “Not me”


Kid: (While playing air guitar) “If I was young I could be a real rockstar.”

Me: (When trying to pick a topic for a weather project) “Honey, why don’t you just write about clouds?”
Kid: “ Clouds just aren’t my thing…”

Me: “Use the word last in a sentence.”
Kid: “Optimus defeated the last of the Decepticons.”

Kid.: (Holding a picture of a toy top for word study) “Is this a top?”
Me: “Yes”
Kid: “Like Top Model!”

Me: “What is that noise?”
Kid: “I was teaching John how to say “hello” and “food” in cat language.”

Me: (Showing a word study picture) “This is a shadow.”
Kid: “In the dark shadows of the city an evil plot is brewing.”

Kid 1: “Is Peter’s mom named Catherine?”
Peter: “No her name is April.”
Me: “What’s your mom’s name?”
Kid 1: “Uhh…October!”

No comments:

Post a Comment